Monday 13 June 2016

Reviewing my photographs: Avoiding viewfinder eyepiece

These photographs are taken without me looking through the viewfinder eyepiece.
Like photographer Jay Giampietro who takes photos with his iPhone from his ear.
I got to use a classmates Olympus digital camera. Lens: OLYMPUS M.14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II R.
The camera was nice and small so I was able to experiment taking photographs without looking through the viewfinder.
I got to take photographs without being all up in their face or them knowing I was taking a photo.

Downsides of not looking through the viewfinder:
Wouldn't be able to know if I needed to:
Zoom
Focus
Add shallow or deep DOF
Add or take objects in the frame, away or in the frame


Dislikes:
Open sign is not the main focus. Like it's not the first thing I look at. 
Reflection being a distraction. As well as the other signs on the windows. 

Would've looked nice at night. With just the lights of the open sign showing.


I liked how the bags were laid out in front of the store.

Dislike:
Where I'm standing because the bags aren't in the centre. 


Dislike: 
Too zoomed out.
Zoomed in would've been better. 
Too much space around the subject (man).
The over exposed in the background. 


I like that you are able to see the client.
Would've looked nice if I added the name of the place.
Could've stood back a bit.


Said hi to her as I took this photo. 
I like how she's standing there, holding onto the door. 
I like the way she stares into the camera as well.


I kinda like this photograph. It reminds me of those boring professional photographs who take not so professional photographs but yet they are, in a professional art way. (if that's even a thing)

Dislikes:
Over exposed

I think I like the angle but idk. It think it works. You can see the lady adding more food to the trays. All that oil though.


Little kids playing. Adore.
I don't like the wide shot of this. 
Maybe focusing on one kid would've worked. Although I do like this photograph.


random thought:
Look up street photography without people


1 comment:

  1. You always take fantastic photos Barbara I really like your stuff and I appreciate all your comments.

    ReplyDelete