Thursday 19 May 2016

Vivian Maier

VM19XXW04205-01-MC
Amazing. How she was discovered. 
She did photography during her spare time and nobody knew. 
She worked as a nanny.
She was discovered by John Maloof where he purchased what were boxes filled with her works from a small auction house.

The fact that she kept all this quite is just....

Her photographs are beautiful. 

The amount of photographs she has taken as well....


VM19XXW01144-04-MCVM1962W01099-06-MCVM1953W03399-01-MCVM1959W04161-03-MC

And how far these photographs go is amazing too. To see that generation and how different the world is now. Like style in clothes, hair, everything. 

Photographs are raw.
Square photographs is something I should consider maybe? Shapes in general I guess.
Nearly all of her photographs are black and white. Photographs were developed.

VM1958K05631-06-MC

VM1956K05925-04-MC

Vivian Maier has taught me in Street Photography <<< "Her images inspire, in their simplicity and beauty of everyday life." Exactly that. Everyday life. Street photography is everyday life. (Because I just realised)

"Vivian Maier has taught me the importance of shooting for myself, and not worrying so much about what others think about me and my work. I think she is a great reminder to all of us– that the most people to impress with our work is ourselves." -Eric Kim (quote from link) (pretty inspiring too)

http://www.findingvivianmaier.com/ -Trailer to 'Finding Vivian Maier'.

No comments:

Post a Comment