Tuesday 10 May 2016

Reviewing my photographs




I love this photograph of Jackie & her son. I added this photo to camera raw  to make the photo black and white. I thought I would try it in black and white to see if it looked any better but idk.


I noticed Joseph sitting  against the comic in the cafe and thought the level of where he was sitting was just..... I took this photo first and was going to leave it at that, until I thought I should take one with his eyes opened. 


I love this photo of Joseph.

Having his eyes opened and staring in that direction gives it that more 'emulating' look. i.e the eyes in the comic with his eyes. (something like that)




Like Matt Stuarts photographs. He mocks them in a way (i don't know how to explain it but yea). Photo below. 

Just researched more into what I was trying to say, he says, "I mean the appeal in my work is obviously the wit, and humor...As a collection it may look like I’m some sort of roving lucky eye".- Just under the title 'On the interest in street photography' <<<Link

Matt Stuart



How the person on the phone is sticking out his hand like the angels behind him. 



(In relation to photograph I took of Joseph)



half a dozen pictures that I also like during that lunch break.
  • I like how the purple wallpaper stands out in the photos. 
  • Black and white pic: I changed that to B&W because I felt that having it in colour was distracting. All the different colours that were going on in the photograph.
  • Jackies tattoo: I like the fact I took a photo of this. Composition is probably whats lacking. I wanted the tattoo to stand out more, but the arm on the left side kind of puts it off. (having tattoo stand out)
  • First photo on right: I like how the girl is focused and everything around her is blurred. This is shallow DOF.
I think over exposing from light will be an issue I will get. I can edit them in photoshop though. 
I should also decide if I want my final images in colour or b&w. I wouldn't want to mix them because I feel like thats just...yea.



Highlighted words=Learning Outcomes

1 comment: