Thursday 14 April 2016

Raymond Sagapolutele

Self Portrait of Raymond Sagapolutele

  • Manurewa photographer who takes photographs of open public spaces, based in South Auckland
  • Refers to himself as 'brotographer' because he's always saying "bro". He says, "It's a term I use to describe myself, not a reference to the subject matter I shoot."
  • He first started taking photographs of landscapes but realised every other photographer was doing the same thing. 
  • He takes photographs around South Auckland. Instead of taking the typical South Auckland shots, he would take photographs of people and places with a refreshing perspective, based in South Auckland. 


Fresh Gallery
  • I like that the children are sitting there drawing and you're able to see the drawings on the wall. 
  • Having it in black and white is interesting.




















Otara
  • A few photographs taken by Raymond in Otara that I like.
  • The photograph that's in black and white is the one I like the most. (Out of the two that I have chosen) It gives it that emptiness to the photo than it would, if it was in colour. Like it would be too much in colour.
  • The photograph shown in colour must of been edited to make the colours stand out more. 


Raymond Blogger    <<<<Link



No comments:

Post a Comment